Marcia Langton: Welcome to Country 2nd edition is the essential follow-up to Australia’s landmark travel guide to Indigenous Australia, Welcome to Country.
In this extensively updated edition, Marcia Langton offers a full range of Indigenous-owned or -operated tourism experiences across Australia, including an expanded directory with 250 new listings, illustrated maps, and photography by Wayne Quilliam.
Australia is home to the longest continuing culture on Earth, and Welcome to Country 2nd edition highlights myriad ways to engage and deepen our knowledge and appreciation of the First peoples through travel. Everything from arts centres to tours is covered in this guide, and there are also fascinating insights into Indigenous cultures and histories, as well as etiquette for visitors.
This guide also addresses the events and issues facing Australia today, such as as Native Title, the Stolen Generations, the 2020 bushfires, the Black Lives Matter movement, and making a rightful place in the nation for the First Australians.
- Four First Nations researchers were brought on to assist with the research and writing for the travel directory, and Marcia also wrote a wealth of new content covering recent events such as the Black Lives Matter movement.
- The focus for the travel directory remains on Indigenous-owned or -operated businesses, and this new edition also includes maps to pinpoint all of the Indigenous tourism experiences.
- The first edition had 170 listings, but the new edition includes over 430 listings.
- Great gift or self-purchase.
- Another winning cover design featuring artwork Ngayuku ngura-My Country by Barbara Moore from Tjala Arts.